Friday, January 15, 2010

Internship site: Surfdog Records

Department:Marketing, promotional

Project Title: Database for inventory

General Description: For my project, I have decided to count all cd's, as well as t-shirts, and then put them into an excel spreadsheet that neatly displays everything. Next, I will create a folder that is accessible by everyone so that they can make changes to the chart when the inventory changes. Also for my project, I am sketching a design for a better system of storage that is more efficient and organized.

Learning Objectives: To get a grasp on how the music business works, as well as what kind of jobs there are available for people that want to pursue a career in music.

Organization/Company Objectives & Benefits: To get help around the office, as well as with various websites.

Schedule:
monday 10:30-4:30
tuesday 10:30-4:30
wednesday 12:00-6:00
thursday 12:00-6:00
friday 10:30-6:00

Academic Skills: math, writing

Technical Skills: organization, maintenance

Collaboration—Skills and Opportunities: helping with the webiste, as well as working on the inventory for my project

Exhibition Plans: Present my design and folder to other employees

Schedule & Timelines:
next week: continue to count and record inventory

final week: put all data into a spreadsheet that can be accessed by everyone as well as a new storage design


My first week was one that required a lot of patience, as well as hard work. For majority of the week iv been at storage units counting shirts, as well as updating blip.fm, jango, last.fm, facebook, and myspaces of bands. When I started work, I thought that the days would seem very slow, and they did, until i started enjoying the work and then the day seemed faster. For this week, my work has been what you would expect from an internship, which is mainly helping around the office whenever someone needs a task done, or doing small assignments.

1 comment:

  1. Seems like a lot of work, but it sounds like it could be fun. Your project could be really helpful to the company.

    ReplyDelete