Monday, June 14, 2010

If I were to choose one of our previous presidents as a professor, I would definitely choose FDR. My reasons for choosing him are numerous, from his easy going personality, to his idea of things being hands on. First off, I think FDR would make an excellent professor because of his ideals and his slight sense of humor that he displayed when he said, "If you treat people right they will treat you right - ninety percent of the time". Aside from those qualities, I think he also knew that hands-on was an effective method of learning and governing, so hopefully he would take this into the classroom. While he was in office, he pleased the country by creating public works projects, so hopefully he would create some kind of program for bettering the lives of his students. Also, I think that his motivational speeches and quotes show that he would motivate the class to work hard and achieve great things. A good example of this would be when he was quoted saying, "Let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is fear itself". Lastly, I think that he knows how the world works in many aspects, so I think he could be a good economics or political science proffesor. A quote that shows his finesse in this field would be when he said, "We cannot always build the future for our youth, but we can build our youth for the future".

No comments:

Post a Comment