Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Reflection

1. What did you discover about your writing during this project?

Over the course of this project, I improved on many fronts, but the one thing that I did many times was use too many commas. Most of my sentences weren't run on sentences, but for some reason they were scattered with commas. Now I use less commas so that there are less pauses in my writing that slow down the reader.

2. Identify and describe (at least) one specific writing technique that you used. How did you use it? What effect did it have on your writing?

A technique that I made an effort to use was creating a relationship with the audience/readers. To do this, I started off my statement with a personal memory, and from there on I used a couple memories in my story so that it was more personalized. I think that this effected my writing in the way that the reader gets to connect with me and to have a personal experience as an example of how I connect to my icon.

3. If you had time for one more draft, what would you do?

If I had a chance to create another draft, I would replace some of the words in my story with more descriptive words, as well as better vocabulary in general. Also, I would talk more about Fairey's childhood and upbringing. Other than that, I wouldn't change much to my statement.

4. Copy one sentence that you believe is well-written and/or important to your overall piece. What makes it stand out to you?

"His art conveys a liberal way of thinking, and unlike most artists who hide that, he blatantly displays these messages in his art. The way he combines beautiful patterns and images with political statements is different than any other artist out there, and his impact on the country is growing by the day."

I think that these two sentences stand out to me because I feel that i described his art well and created a vivid mental image for the reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment